The University of Alabama in Huntsville is a public, nationally known university located in Huntsville, Alabama. We are one of the nation's premier research universities, offering a challenging curriculum to prepare graduates to become tomorrow's leaders. Our students come from almost all 50 U.S. states and more than 80 countries. Our incoming freshman class scored both the highest average ACT score (27.6) and GPA (3.81) in the school's history.
We are regularly ranked the best return on investment among all schools in Alabama. UAH students typically go on to earn a higher average starting ($55,500) and mid-career ($87,000) salary than most of their peers across Alabama.
In addition to our RN to BSN online degree program, UAH offers other programs to meet the needs of the life-long learner. For more information about the additional programs we offer, visit UAH.
- The baccalaureate degree program in nursing and master's degree program in nursing at The University of Alabama in Huntsville are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). The Doctor of Nursing Practice program at the Joint DNP Program University of Alabama (consortium of the University of Alabama at Birmingham, The University of Alabama in Huntsville, and The University of Alabama) is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org). The Doctor of Nursing Practice program at The University of Alabama in Huntsville is pursuing initial accreditation by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (www.ccneaccreditation.org). Applying for accreditation does not guarantee that accreditation will be granted.
- The undergraduate program is also approved by the Alabama Board of Nursing.
- The University of Alabama in Huntsville is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC™) to award baccalaureate and master's degrees.
Accolades and Quick Facts
- UAH is ranked #1 as the best return on investment among all Alabama schools by PayScale Inc., 2017
- UAH has been named by the Brookings Institution as the best university in the state based on the economic outcomes of its graduates
- UAH has a 16:1 student to faculty ratio
- Students from UAH, on average, earn $55,000 starting salary—the highest in Alabama