Dr. Ann Bianchi
Dr. Ann Bianchi is an Associate Professor at University of Alabama in Huntsville. She teaches in the online MSN and DNP programs.
- PhD in Nursing Science – Texas Woman's University, 2014
- MSN in Nursing Administration – The University of Alabama in Huntsville, 1996
- BSN – George Mason University, 1978
- Intimate partner violence
- Women's health
- Care during the childbearing year
- Test analysis
- Intimate partner violence screening practices among maternity nurses
- Intimate partner during pregnancy
- Dating Violence on college campus
- Pain relief methods for laboring women
- Normal birth issues
- Teaching-Learning Strategies
- Quantitative and Qualitative research methods.
Awards and Recognitions
- UAH College of Nursing Outstanding Faculty Award April 2017
- Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses Award of Excellence in Research, 2017
- Member of the Editorial Review Board for Nursing for Women's Health
- Bianchi, A. L. (2016). Intimate Partner Violence during the Childbearing Year. In Focus Series Editorial: Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic & Neonatal Nursing, 45(1), 566-578.
- Bianchi, A. L., McFarlane, J., & Cesario, S. (2016). Interrupting intimate partner violence during pregnancy with an effective screening and assessment program. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic & Neonatal Nursing, 45(1), 579-591.
- Bianchi, A. L., McFarlane J., Cesario, S., Symes,L., & Maddoux, J. (2016). Continued intimate partner violence during pregnancy and after birth and its effect on child functioning. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic & Neonatal Nursing 45(1), 601-609.
- Bianchi, A., McFarlane, J., Nava, A., Gilroy, H., Maddoux, J., & Cesario, S. (2014). Rapid assessment to identify and quantify the risk of intimate partner violence during pregnancy. Birth: Issues in Perinatal Care. 41(1), 88-92.
- Cesario, S., Nava, A., Bianchi, A., McFarlane, J., Maddoux, J., Paulson, R. (2014). Functioning outcomes for abused immigrant women and their children 4 months after initiating intervention, Revista Panamericana de Salud Publica/Pan American Health Organization (PAHO), 35(1), 8-14.
- McFarlane, J., Maddoux, J., Cesario, S., Koci, A., Fuquin, L., Gilroy, H., & Bianchi, A. (2014). Effect of abuse during pregnancy on maternal and child safety and functioning for 24 Months after delivery. Obstetrics & Gynecology, 123(4), 829-847.
- Koci, A., McFarlane, J., Cesario, S., Symes, L. Fuqin, L., Montalvo-Liendo, Bianchi, A., Nava, A., Gilroy, H., Zahed, H., Paulson, R. (2014). Women's Functioning Following An Intervention for Partner Violence: New Knowledge for Clinical Practice From a Seven Year Study. Issues in Mental Health Nursing, 35(10), 745-755. DOI: 10.3109/01612840.2014.901450
- Bianchi, A. & Adams, E. (2009). Labor support during second stage labor for women with epidurals. Nursing for Women's Health, 13(1). 39-47.
- Adams, E. & Bianchi, A. (2008). A practical guide to labor support. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing, 37(1), 106-115.