Dr. Sharon Spencer
Clinical Assistant Professor
Dr. Sharon Spencer is a Clinical Assistant Professor at The University of Alabama in Huntsville. She teaches in the DNP program.
- DNP – The University of Alabama in Huntsville
- MSN-HSM – Loyola University
- BSN – Loyola University
- Diploma Nursing, Charity Hospital School of Nursing, New Orleans, LA.
Clinical Expertise and Research Interests
- Clinical practice issues at the bedside: alarm fatigue, telemetry monitoring, handoff reporting, ISBARR, CAUTIs, patient satisfaction surveys, student leadership in clinical settings.
- IV therapy
- Simulation education
- Rural nursing issues
- Leadership development
- Critical Care Nursing
- ICU, PICU, SICU, CCU, Cardiac Care/Rehab
- Outpatient Services, Same-day Service Line
- Primary Care Clinics, Neuro & Pain Management Clinic